To proceed further please read the guidelines.
Guidelines – Pioneers AP Fellowship/Internship
To tap the enthusiasm of young professionals and students to actively participate in organized politics, Telugu Desam Party is organizing a structured internship program since August 2021. The Internship Programme shall be a two-round application process, and a group of 10 to 25 applicants will be selected based upon their aptitude, skills, and enthusiasm to work with TDP. As per the requirements of the Party, the internship programme shall be conducted from time to time on a rolling basis.
- To identify and create a pool of skilled students and working professionals who aspire to see their ideas are workable and to encourage the internees to work with party leaders by offering their services for Telugu Desam Party.
- To motivate the individuals who have a passion or interest in politics, and to give them a brief and to create awareness about how political parties function, plan activities and build consensus.
- To continue the process of cultivating high-performing interns into a network of brilliant and hardworking peers’ post-internship, who can influence and shape the Party, its politics and policies.
- The Internship Programme will be an unpaid internship.
- The internship Programme will be held under the aegis of Telugu Professionals Wing, with the interns under the supervision of the President of TPW.
- The interns will be grouped under three divisions related to research, public pulse and media outreach. Further divisions might be added based on the requirements and decisions of the leadership and intern abilities.
- Weekly interaction with young leaders or elected representatives of Telugu Desam Party shall be held.
- An orientation session shall be held with the help of in-house experts to set expectations for the interns and provide them specific directions.
- Every activity and work done by the interns will be presented to the higher leadership of the party and the insights/trends shall be recognized and used to enhance the presence of the party and shall take all the required course of actions.
Background of Applicants:
- This internship does not look at only a narrow set of elite institutions to select an applicant. Their lived experiences, their education or work relevant to the internship, their understanding of current issues and political insights, and their enthusiasm shall be considered for the selection.
- The internship aims to bring a diverse set of individuals from various backgrounds – social sciences, humanities, sciences, arts, vocational learning, etc.
- Competence in spoken English will be an added advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Candidates are expected to be under age 30 although this can be relaxed as per the decisions of the leadership.
- Unless otherwise stated, every internship cohort will last for at least 8 weeks. In the case of extraordinary talents of the internees, their internship could be extended for few more weeks.
- A Certificate of Internship will be given only on completion of at least 6 weeks of the internship.
- The best interns will be eligible to get the Letters of Appreciation from Shri. Nara Lokesh.